Hi, I’m Jina
& welcome to my internet home! I write so I can help you find your next destination so you can make travel a regular part of your life.
I’m fortunate that traveling has been a core part of mine since I was young. I took my first trip at 4 years old when my parents decided to brave international travel with a preschooler. Over three decades, I’ve been able to travel internationally as a brokeish college student, teacher, grad student, and now as a woman working in tech. I’ve since expanded my list of travel companions beyond my parents to include my friends, boyfriend, and – most importantly – myself.
I believe traveling is a beautiful way to heal, empower, empathize, and discover ourselves and others and I started this blog to show how you can do more of it with just a little extra planning and research. Whether you’re planning a trip,
- Summer vacation
I hope you’ll find the tips and tricks you need to plan your next trip to help you live a life of adventure, curiosity, and joy.
A bit about…
Where I’m From
I’m a California girl through and through. I was born and raised in Orange County, where I grew up an arm’s length away from the mountains of Big Bear, the beaches of Laguna, and – of course – Disneyland. When I’m not traveling or working remotely, I come home to my apartment in the San Francisco Bay Area.
My Favorite Adventures
Over the decades, I’ve had countless experiences (good and bad) that have made a lasting impression. Here are some of my favorites:
Traveling With Me
I am a DIY traveler 100% of the time. I do a ton of research each trip to find the perfect balance of top sites, yummy bites, hidden gems, & bucket list experiences.
- I prefer independent travel and will always choose to self-drive and plan over booking a tour package.
- I appreciate nature and cities equally but I have a soft spot for waterfalls, oceans, and wildlife.
- I’m an active traveler – there’s just so much to see on our beautiful planet!
- I love food and will always make a list of places to eat wherever I go. No matter what, I can’t go for more than a few days without noodles, bread, or rice. Spicy noodles are my particular Achilles heel.
My Travel Wishlist
So many places and so little time! My dream vacation is to go to Antarctica during the emperor penguins’ hatching season.
Since that’ll be a few years out, I’d love to visit Peru, the Galapagos Islands, Australia, and New Zealand in the next 1-2 years.
Where I’ve Been
- South Korea
- United States of America*
United States of America
Click here for the full list of US National Parks
- Alcatraz Island
- Bryce Canyon
- Crater Lake
- Death Valley
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area*
- Grand Canyon
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Lincoln Memorial*
- Mount Rainier
- Muir Woods National Monument*
- National Mall and Memorial Parks
- Natural Bridges National Monument
- Navajo National Monument
- Point Reyes National Seashore*
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park*
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon*
- The White House
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial
- Washington Monument*
- World War II Memorial
Thanks for spending the time to get to know a little bit more about me 🙂. I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or want to share stories.