Hello! It’s Jina (“Site Owner”), the traveler/writer behind byjinalee.com (“Website” or “Site”). This page outlines our commitment to respecting and protecting your privacy.
For the purposes of EU and UK data protection laws and any applicable national implementing laws, regulations, and secondary legislation relating to the processing of personal data (together with “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is byjinalee.com.
Website Disclaimer: Byjinalee (“I/we,” “me/us,” “mine/our”) provides content that is meant for informational purposes only and is not intended as professional, financial, or other personal advice. While all information on the Site is provided in good faith, we assume no responsibility for errors or omissions and do not guarantee safety from viruses or other harmful components. Your use of the Site is solely at your own risk and in no event shall we be held liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental loss or damage or any damages whatsoever as a result of the use of or reliance on any information provided on the Site. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site. We welcome feedback about the website and third-party sites, as well as reserve the right to modify the contents on the Site at any time without prior notice.
External Links Disclaimer: Byjinalee may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with us. The Site does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, relevance, validity, reliability, availability, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information You Voluntary Submit to the Website
When you visit our Website, you may be required or permitted to share personal information with us such as your name or email address through various methods. For example, you may voluntarily submit information by subscribing to a newsletter or submitting a contact form.
Information Automatically Submitted to the Website
We may automatically collect certain activity and usage information about you when you use our Website, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system type, browser type, referring URL, pages you view and links you click on our Website, the dates/times when you access the Website, and other activity data. We collect this information in order to improve our Website and help us remember you and your preferences when you revisit the Website.
Users may prevent the setting of cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Further, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. While you generally can use our Website without cookies, please note that if you deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, you may not be able to use certain features of our Website.
Cookies may also be used by third-party services, such as Google Analytics and Google Adsense. We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze Website usage information, such as information about referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Affiliate Program Participation
Byjinalee may engage in aﬃliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. Any content with tracking links will be clearly marked with a disclaimer statement. If you click on a link for an aﬃliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. This is done at no additional cost to you.
I only recommend companies, products, and services that I have personally used and believe will bring you value. You are never obligated to click on any link or buy any products advertised and are always welcome to share feedback about your experience.
Third-Party Service Providers
We do not sell your Personal Information and do not share your Personal Information with third parties, except for as otherwise provided in this section. This list may be amended from time to time at the Website’s sole discretion.
How your information maybe be used
In addition to the purposes for collecting your Personal Information described above, we may use the information we collect to comply with laws and for our legitimate business interests. Our purposes for collecting and using this information include:
- To operate, maintain, and improve the Website and your experience with it;
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- For our everyday business purposes, such as responding to your comments or inquiries, processing your transactions relating to the services we provide you, managing records, sending you administrative communications, and administering and providing services to you;
- For our marketing purposes, including improving and customizing our Website for you and to understand how our Website is used;
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website and services;
- Complying with legal, ethical, or regulatory obligations, including disclosures designed to eliminate potential risks to you or others;
- Detecting, preventing, investigating, or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity; or responding law enforcement requests; and
Your Rights related to your personal information
Depending on your place of residency, you may exercise certain rights related to your Personal Information. These may include:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.